Graduate Software Developer
This post is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (Apply online only).
Job Title: Software Developer/Mobile App Developer (Placement or Graduate Role)
As part of the Staffordshire Digital Innovation Partnerships project, Staffordshire University has entered into a partnership with The Kaleidoscope Plus Group, an innovative and growing Staffordshire based mental health and well-being charity and are looking to recruit a graduate / undergraduate to take on a 6 month project (24-week) focusing on the development, adaptation and enhancement of their existing mental health and well-being social media app YAPA and extending the apps functionality for Android users.
Duties and responsibilities
* Investigate the company’s current position and changes necessary to meet the objectives of the project.
* Work with management/development team to create a project plan.
* Gain understanding on the workflow and processes followed throughout the product development.
* Establish the company’s current position and objectives for the project.
* Work with the management/development team to further develop an existing platform/mobile application.
* Develop a proof-of-concept for new modules in existing mobile application.
Production of development documentation in line with existing development team processes
Skills and experience
* IT / Computing graduate or undergraduate with experience or knowledge of android mobile application development.
* To be able to demonstrate you are proficient in working within at least one established development framework, either front-end or back-end
* Working knowledge of SQL
* Experience using software version control, such as GIT or SVN
* Familiarity creating and/or integrating with JSON REST API's
* Excellent communication skills, approachable personality, and comfortable asking for help
* The ability to explain an application to both technical and non-technical team members in a clear, easy-to-understand language.
* Enthusiasm for great user experience.
The candidate should ideally have an understanding of the mental health and wellbeing crisis and the positive effects that the use of technology can have on tackling the crisis
The position is offered on a full time, fixed term contract for 6 months (24 weeks)
Hours and Days: Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Rate of pay: £9.34ph (equivalent to £18,213 per annum)
Business Location: The role will be situated within the host businesses premises in Cannock or remote homeworking if required
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job