Homelessness Prevention Officer
Our client is currently looking to recruit a number of Homeless Prevention Officers for our public sector on a 3 month initial contract
You will be working as a team to provide innovative approaches in the prevention of homelessness to carry out homeless prevention activity early and able customers to plan for their future housing need.
Other duties include:
* Liaise directly with relevant persons to reinstate, defer or prevent homelessness
* Accompany applicants to viewings of properties and meetings with landlords.
* Work with colleagues in Housing Needs to facilitate the ‘Accommodation Finding Drop in Service’ and support applicants to move or sustain their new home.
* Carry out interventions, including timely referrals to relevant services when a tenancy is at risk of breaking down including eviction from the family home or by friends.
* Responsible for the identification of vulnerable applicants, making referrals to relevant internal or external services.
* Carry out assessments and pursue enquiries in respect of homelessness applications to the point of recommending a decision, communicating the decision to the applicant within required time scales.
The successful Homelessness Prevention Officer should have the following skills, experience and knowledge
* Experience in homelessness working within a public sector environment.
* A degree, equivalent qualification or comparable experience
* Knowledge of the housing issues affecting residents in Brighton & Hove and solutions both locally and nationally.
* Knowledge of ways people can overcome barriers to accessing accommodation
* Ability to interview clients face to face and obtain relevant information
* Have relevant knowledge e.g. Homlessness Reduction Act (HRA, Housing Act 1996, Homelessness Act 2002, Code of Guidance, Landlord /Tenant Law, Relevant case law etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established organisation offering an immediate start on a remote basis with the view to being office based when more safe to do so
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job