- Salary: £23,000 - 27,000 - Annual
- Category: Recruitment
- Date: 1 week ago
HR Advisor for a UK top 30 law firm - Operating globally
Your new company
Based in The City, this company has been operating for over 100 years and provide legal services for a large percentage of the worlds high net worth individuals. Operating across Europe, Asia and America, their global presence as allowed them to establish themselves as one of the leaders individual, family and institutional legality.
Your new role
Sitting within the firms well established HR team in their London office, you will become a vital support network for their legal function. The department works with its global divisions on a business partner basis.
A brief description of the roles and responsibilities:
- Working alongside the HR Mangers to provide day to day HR advice and guidance to the divisions.
- Dealing with ad-hoc HR issues as they arise, providing advice and mediation on employee relations issues.
- Supporting the HR Managers and their client groups to design and deliver effective HR solutions.
- Playing a key role in the management of annual HR processes including the coordination and preparation of materials for appraisals, promotions, salary review and bonuses; attending meetings with HR Managers, Partners and Regional Divisional Leaders.
- Helping to facilitate the talent management and succession planning process, alongside the HR Managers by producing, maintaining and collating the relevant information.
- Responsible for checking all regular HR correspondence for the legal divisions drafted by the HR Assistant, ensuring it is accurate and complete.
- Responsible for drafting more complex correspondence such as unique contracts or complex flexible working responses, disciplinary and grievance and performance management matters.
- Responsible for reviewing and analysing management information such as the monthly staff report and flagging issues to the HR Managers.
- Acting as the point of contact for those taking parental leave, conducting maternity/paternity/shared parental leave meetings and ensuring the relevant paperwork is provided.
- Managing the flexible working application process for staff.
- Proactively managing absence through monitoring absence levels, dealing with long and short term sickness absence, ensuring appropriate occupational health referrals and liaising with the Reward team on PHI claims.
- Managing the practicing certificate renewal process and dealing with other SRA and regulatory queries.
- Supporting the HR Assistants in resolving queries received by the HR Helpdesk.
- Running the end of probation review process - attending meetings, addressing any issues, making recommendations and ensuring all paperwork is returned.
- Conducting exit interviews as appropriate.
- Ad hoc project work - including writing policy, research, updating current systems/procedures.
- Assisting the generalist HR team with generalist HR responsibilities as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
They are looking for a bright, capable HR Advisor to help drive major HR processes and support senior HR members. The role is an excellent opportunity to experience operating at an Advisor level and you can hit the ground running supporting the Legal team.
You will need to have proven, hands-on experience with the full cyclical duty with exposure to ER.
- CIPD Level 5 - 7
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Highly PC literate
- Excellent Excel skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. What Jobs? is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job