IT Infrastructure Technician - 2nd Line
A leading software development company is now seeking an experienced IT Infrastructure Technician to join their team in Bristol. You will provide valuable IT support to the business, working closely with the support team to provide Level 2 infrastructure support. You will play a critical part in ensuring that the business runs smoothly.
The company prides themselves on having a great internal culture which has been recognised during their research and insights project. Culturally dynamic and smart (bright minds) with tons of goodwill amongst the team.
The team culture is to work hard and play hard in what is often a deadline-driven and pressurised environment. Their team has a positive attitude, they want to make a difference and do the right thing by the customer and the business. The collective attitude means people are quickly adaptable and open to change - all managed in a supportive, friendly and social manner.
With a flexible working hours policy, the ability to work from home when appropriate, pension contributions, full health insurance cover and a great working environment, the company offers all of the benefits that you would expect from a much larger organisation, but without any of the stuffy management constraints that those organisations bring.
- 3% employer pension contributions
- Single private healthcare (You can add members of your family at additional cost)
- 3 x Annual salary life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Recruitment referral scheme
- Working from Home
- Discretionary enhanced company sick pay
- 24 days holiday
- 1 day's annual leave gifted over the Christmas period
- Annual salary and discretionary performance-related bonus reviews
- Flexible working - core hours 10:00 - 16:00
- ...And more!
- Performing regular pre-prescribed activities including monitoring of backups, antivirus and infrastructure telemetry to support compliance
- Maintaining documentation of infrastructure and IT assets
- Regular infrastructure activities including assisting with commissioning and decommissioning, making simple changes such as DNS
- Working with the support team to review, investigate and assess technical issues related to infrastructure raised by either the business or customers
- Providing Desktop IT support to users around the business (Microsoft Windows, Google Suite/Workspace)
- Occasional physical infrastructure maintenance activities within the office (Queen Square) and data centres (Bristol, Newport)
- Provide occasional emergency cover (few days per year) or occasional work out of hours to facilitate IT changes
- Previous experience in providing IT Desktop support
- Relevant experience providing infrastructure support, working with Microsoft Server and LAMP stack technologies
- Clear understanding and knowledge of general IT infrastructure
Experience supporting ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials Plus and DPS Toolkit
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Infrastructure Systems Engineer, Technician, Infrastructure, VMWare ESX, HyperV, Active Directory, Windows, Citrix, Exchange, SAN, Cisco, CCNA, CCNP, DNS, Microsoft, 2nd Line Support Engineer, Technician, 2nd Line Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Analyst, IT Support Engineer, Second Line may also be considered for this role.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job