About the company:
The MFG Academies Trust presently comprises of 2 Secondary schools and one Junior school located in Kirklees Local Authority.
The MFG is an 11-18 secondary Academy of 1600 students including Mirfield College. It became a Convertor Academy in April 2011.
In October 2013, The MFG became a MAT and Sponsor to enable it to sponsor Colne Valley High School (CVHS), an 11-16 secondary school of 1,200 students, to become an academy. This was achieved in September 2014.
In April 2015, The MFG Academies Trust sponsored Marsden Junior School (MJS), a 7-11 Junior school of 175 pupils, to become an academy. Marsden Junior School is in the “Pyramid” of CVHS.
Since MFG becoming a Technology College in 1995, we have invested heavily in ensuring the ICT facilities are kept up-to-date, reflect practice in the workplace and help support teaching and learning in the classroom.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician Apprentice with The Mirfield Grammar Free School, based in Mirfield.
We are looking to recruit someone within a busy IT environment. This is a demanding role within a fast paced environment that calls for high levels of customer service and attention to detail.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
* Assist in the support, management and development of the IT infrastructure within the MFG Academy
* Contribute to the Continual Service Improvement of IT Services
* Provide day-to-day maintenance support in the use of computer facilities within the MFG Academy to support staff, students and the curriculum.
* Providing first line helpdesk support to students, staff, contractors and visitors.
* Installing new software, hardware upgrades and replacing components as required.
* Maintaining the upkeep of the school I.T. inventory.
* Monitoring and logging helpdesk issues on the IT support request system.
* Supporting staff setting up and preparing equipment around the school e.g. assembly setup, presentation evening etc.
* Setting up laptops, projectors, whiteboards, sound system as and when required ensuring they are ready to use.
* Restoring and transferring user data.
* Contacting 3rd parties as required.
* Experience of using Office 365 and Outlook
* Providing basic maintenance and cleaning support for all computer equipment and networks, including the connection and commission of new equipment, and security marking.
* Secure and safe setup of ICT equipment in classrooms.
* Checking, recording, monitoring and advising on consumable stock levels.
* Installing consumables. i.e. toners,
* Replacing peripheral devices such as keyboard, mice.
* Using systems to setup accounts, reset passwords.
* Setup and install printers.
* Ensuring that as far as possible, pupils are not exposed to inappropriate materials on the network.
* To receive and check deliveries and associated invoices.
* Ensuring virus protection is kept up to date.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Experience of Microsoft operating systems and Office packages
Knowledge of Windows applications
Health and safety awareness
Confident and able to communicate with people of differing abilities and age
Have good organisational skills
Be enthusiastic and positive
Attention to detail
Will need to be reliable, confident, understanding and supportive
Ability to learn new skills quickly
Ability to prioritise
The ability to work as part of a team
Enthusiastic about ICT
Good problem solving skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
PC Fundamentals & Customer Service Skills
Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
Coding & Logic
Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job