Licensing Operations Coordinator - Apprenticeship
The purpose of the role of Licencing Operations Apprentice is to support the Head of Licensing Operations to deliver all Licensing and Merchandising services for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to deliver a diverse merchandise proposition that enhances the customer experience of the Games.
* Overall responsibility for coordinating key deliverables of the Licensing & Merchandising (L&M) programme, with specific focus on product approvals and marketing/PR activity.
* Responsibility for the product approval process and delivery of all official licensed products on time and in line with brand integrity.
* Proofing and approval of Licensing Publications e.g. updates to the Style Guide, wholesale catalogue, retailer guidelines, commemorative magazine, ceremony programmes.
* Coordinating delivery of the Licensing Marketing Plan acting as liaison between the Organising Committee Comms FA and the Master Licensee.
* Recording itemised spend from the Central Marketing Fund.
* Planning and coordinating meetings with the Master Licensee and dependent Functional Areas.
* Planning and coordinating Licensee Workshops and Licensing events.
* Lead and ensure successful delivery of various Licensing projects including product launches, promotional activities and marketing events.
* Assisting the Head of Licensing Operations and the Licensing Operations Manager with the coordination of Games time operational planning.
* Planning and reporting to comply with Birmingham 2022 policies and procedures including Testing and Readiness, attending venue planning meetings, Operational Delivery Plans, Venue Master Delivery Schedule, Transfer Of Knowledge.
* Integrate and liaise effectively with internal Functional Areas (FA’s) to ensure all Licensing and Merchandising requirements (i.e. marketing support, venue space requirements) are fully understood and agreed.
* Contribute to the development and the communication of the Birmingham 2022 Mascot program.
* Assist with the operational delivery of the Licensing FA at Games time.
* Monthly progress reports to senior management.
Skills and Experience Required
* A ‘C’ Grade in GCSE English Language (5 in New Grade structure)
* A ‘D’ Grade in GCSE Maths (4 in New Grade structure)
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Has a high level of attention to detail
* Organised individual who is confident with planning
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Confident presenting to peers and senior management in group situations
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks
* Flexibility to support a number of different projects within the Licensing Functional Area and to adapt to the differing demands
* Ability to understand Brand assets and assist with product approvals
* Ability to compromise while maintaining an assertive approach when dealing with contractors and stakeholders
* Understanding of good Visual Merchandising
* Has an eye for good quality products
* Understanding of e-commerce
* Knowledge of retail and/or event marketing
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job