LINUX TCS Software Engineer
PLEASE NOTE: This role requires the candidate to relocate to Fairfax, VA post COVID-19 restrictions
LINUX TCS Software Engineer
Our client engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, our client partners with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of their work and who they are, our client values trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. Our client offers highly competitive benefits and pride themselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If this resonates with you, we invite you to join our client’s high performance team!
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Agile experience preferred.
Keeping people safe worldwide is what our client does. Developing mission-critical systems is how they do it. You’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work they do is important. The challenges faced are career defining. The opportunity they can offer is one-of-a-kind.
Our client is ready to hire an Mid Level TCS Linux Software Engineer for the AN/BYG-1 Submarine Combat System delivered to the United States Navy (USN) Submarine fleet. The close-knit team is passionate about delivering the best product to the Navy to help protect our country. The core team works closely with the Submarine community to develop solutions that allow the Navy to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH A TEAM TO:
· Interact with product and service teams to identify questions and issues within current architecture
· Support migration of existing system architecture into an IaaS architecture with
· Support certification and deliver of new architecture
· Support the integration of IaaS architecture into the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
· Shape future products by contributing to the architecture framework used across multiple products or systems
WHAT YOU TO BRING TO THE TEAM:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field is required plus a minimum of 2 years relevant experience; or a Master’s degree in a related technical discipline; or 5+ years industry experience
· Proficiency in writing/troubleshooting software in C++ and/or Java within a Linux environment to meet the system requirements for the Navy
· Ability to write code test, integrate and document software solutions
· Ability to analyze system, functional and performance requirements and how they impact new or existing code
· Experience conducting software unit test, peer reviews and supporting integration and testing
· Familiarity with software cybersecurity tools and controls
· Experience implementing data fabric services and big data frameworks (architecture, algorithms, high availability, data replication, data protection, data reduction, file/object services, resiliency, tiering, snapshots, software encryption, artificial intelligence)
· Experience with relational databases suchas MySQL, postgres, mariaDB
· Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks/deadlines within a dynamic environment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS THAT WILL SET YOU APART:
· Experience with Agile development and working on sprint teams
· Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
· Ability to work effectively in a collaborative (team) environment
· Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information
· Ability to handle more complex assignments as experience progresses
· Self-motivated, engaged, continuously learning and looking for ways to improve things
ONE LAST THING:
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within their facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Some travel and shift work may be required based on the program’s needs.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
- Bachelor's Degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required.
- 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- US Citizenship.
- Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to do some travel based on the program needs.
- Proficiency in writing/troubleshooting software in C++ and/or Java within a Linux environment.
- Experience in working with MySQL, postgres, mariaDB.
- Experience implementing data fabric services and big data frameworks (architecture, algorithms, high availability, data replication, data protection, data reduction, file/object services, resiliency, tiering, snapshots, software encryption, artificial intelligence)
- NICE TO HAVE:
- NICE TO HAVE:
- Agile experience.
- Familiarity with software cybersecurity tools & controls.
- Software engineering experience in the Naval industry.
The perfect candidate for this role would be a Mid Level TCS Linux Software Engineer with experience in all aspects of Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Software Encryption, MySQL, C++ and Java. Software Engineering in relation to Navy or Submarines would ideal.
- Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance is required at time of hire.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Due to the nature of work performed within our client facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- This is a remote position.
Benefits Best in the industry
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job