Multi Skilled Engineer
Multi Skilled Engineer
Do you have experience of working as a Mechanical, Electrical or Maintenance Engineer within the Manufacturing industry? Are you looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for an Electrically Biased Multi Skilled Engineer to join our Engineering team based in Hereford.
We have gone through some very exciting changes recently at our Hereford site, specifically within our Engineering function. We have seen impressive investment into new technology and automation within our factory and every day we're innovating more than ever to stay ahead of the competition by being more efficient and more productive.
As a Multi Skilled Engineer at our Hereford Factory, you would be working a 5 shift continental pattern. This is a new shift that provides regular opportunities for conducting Engineering Projects, Continuous Improvement activities and Training & Development.
Join us as a Multi-Skilled Engineer and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role
Working as a member of the Engineering Team, you will develop plant reliability and operational capability by implementing robust maintenance strategies and resolving plant issues and breakdowns to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
As a high calibre, Avara Foods Multi Skilled Engineer you will demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving, demonstrate fast paced decision making and use your technical background routinely across a wide and varied equipment and technology base.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To undertake planned preventative maintenance activities with due consideration for safe plant operations and product quality.
- To develop and enhance maintenance systems and procedures.
- Routinely undertake continuous improvement activities to develop plant capability and equipment reliability.
- To participate in plant improvements, modifications and capital investment projects
- To coach, mentor and support engineers and operational technicians as appropriate
- Act as a subject matter expert on plant equipment and technologies
- The successful candidate must be familiar with process machinery or equivalent equipment.
What we are looking for
- BTEC Level 3 & NVQ Level 3 in Engineering: ONC, HNC or higher desirable.
- Time served Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Knowledge of PLC Control Systems
- Air and pneumatics trained
- IEE 17th Edition desirable
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and dynamic approach to safety
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure whilst having a high attention to detail
- Able to communicate with clarity
A little about us:
Avara Foods is one of the UK's largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation's most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What's in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following
Group life assurance
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job