Multi-Skilled Technician / Joiner
Multi-Skilled Technician / Joiner
Rentokil Property Care
Permanent, full-time role
Whether you are a qualified Joiner and Carpenter or an experienced Joiner and Carpenter, we want to hear from you! Our Rentokil Property Care Joinery Specialists are multi-skilled and if you want variety in your working day, you'll love our family company! Here's the money:
£20,400 (approx annual OTE £26,000) + company van + fuel card
Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Rentokil Property Care, part of the Rentokil Initial group, are one of the UK’s market leaders in damp proofing, waterproofing, timber preservation and wall stabilisation.
We are a government accredited learning organisation; we deliver the best training, qualifications and opportunities to our people.
This means, as soon as you walk in the door, we spend time making sure you are an expert in your field. There will be opportunities to broaden your skill set through a host of courses provided internally. Fancy a promotion in the future? The skills you learn can ready you for managerial positions!
The role of a Joiner
All of our technicians are multi-skilled so everyday is different. As a Joinery specialist, you'll be carrying out joinery work, installing damp proof courses and carrying out our other services for our varied customers across Peterborough and Norfolk in a company van - you need a UK driving licence to become one of our team.
There will be plenty of work on your own, using your initiative, managing your own diary and working towards set targets. You'll also need to be a team player as you will need to work with your colleagues to complete bigger jobs, particularly for our commercial customers. If you get stuck, a manager will only be a phone call away!
Whilst you don’t need to be an Olympian, our jobs can sometimes be physically demanding, e.g. crawling/lifting/climbing.
What a day in the job looks like:
- You will strip and replace timber floors, door frames, architraves, windows and doors
- You will hack-off plaster, prior to installing damp proof courses
- You will be required to carry out timber treatments such as woodworm sprays and fungal decay work
- There may be an element of patch plastering involved in this role so if you excel at plastering this would be advantageous.
- Our specialist technicians also carry out basement waterproofing work, and structural repairs, such as wall tie installation and crack-sticking.
Do you have what it takes?:
- Apprenticeship background, City and Guilds or NVQ qualifications would be advantageous
- Experience working as a Joiner, Carpenter or a Technician within the building or construction industry
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence for at least 2 years with no more than 6 penalty points
- Can-do attitude, and able to use your own initiative in tricky situations
- Great communication and customer service skills with a keen, enthusiastic and friendly approach.
- A basic salary of £20,400, with realistic OTE £26,000 in your first year
- Company Van, fuel card, uniform and tools
- Monday to Friday role
- Company Pension
- Monthly bonus scheme
- Sales lead commission
- Grading promotions that increase your basic salary based on your annual performance for the first three years
- RI Rewards (cashback and discounts on multiple retailers)
- A job for life.
This job can be demanding to begin with, however all of our current employees agree that you get out what you put in.
If you've read this far, you must click apply! We can't wait to hear from you.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job