At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Estimating team with a Proposals Manager for our CMDP joint venture framework. Based at the Falmer (Brighton) office you will own and manage all aspects of the proposal process - including requirement review, strategy, and scheduling.
CMDP is a joint venture between MWH Treatment and Costain and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Head of Estimating and the responsibilities will include:
* Solutions Development; provide feasibility and constructability reviews into the optioneering stage
* Undertake peer reviews of design outputs at key junctures. Particularly ensuring robust reviews of works Information / design outputs for estimating, and ensuring the design is meeting the needs of the project
* Coordinate with the Estimating Team at solutions development & tender stages for each project to produce project estimates to the required level of granularity to inform the risk and value and investment decision processes.
* Manage the development of draft contractual documentation
* Undertake tranche & project level reporting and programme updates
* Review and provide input to the risk management attending risk workshops as part of the integrated team and assisting with identifying the current and future risks to the tranche/project
* Co-ordination and management of supporting staff in preparing for and undertaking site investigations & surveys
* Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
* Understanding of Engineering Principles
* Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
* Holding a current relevant CSCS Card
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world. We also support Mates in Mind which is a charitable programme to improve and promote positive mental health in the workplace
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job