- Location: London
- Date: 1 week ago
Lyst is a technology platform that revolutionises the way people shop for fashion. We connect millions of consumers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and more effective shopping experience. Lyst has grown over 300% every year since launch in 2011 and has raised over $60M from top-tier investors including Accel, DFJ, Balderton and the teams behind LVMH, Michael Kors and Oscar de la Renta.Job Description
We're looking for Software Engineers to take on challenges in the products that sit at the heart of Lyst.
Our team is split into small vertical functions that handle everything from data ingestion, to our website to our universal checkout systems. You could be leading the design of a new system to rapidly detect external fashion trends, to solving challenges of international payments at scale, all the while helping us build a user friendly and commercially successful customer experience for one of the largest high-end fashion sites in the world.
We're looking for experienced engineers that have managed to solve big challenges through ingenious ideas and execution.
We would like to say we're language agnostic, but we're not really, with the majority of the codebase written in Python. We love Python. It's all Python, everything. Also Django.
At the moment we're also really interested to speak to people who have solved large scale architectural challenges, built out services within a microservices environment and worked with Data Science teams.
We like to speak to commercially minded engineers who can understand business objectives and the need for building a great user experience.
if you have mentored engineers or built a team, that's always good in our book and we like to speak to people who enjoy sharing their own learnings and experiences.Additional Information
Here's a little data on us you might find interesting:
- 50+ engineers and data scientists with plans to double the team size in the next 6 months.
- 5M duplicated products detected and merged using product image features ( )
- 300k online recommendation model updates per day ( )
- 72k crowd-sourced labels generated per day
- 40k product gender classifications per day via deep learning
- 500k recommended products per day
- 120 EC2, 8 RDS, 7 ElastiCache and 10 Redshift instances
- our internal analytics system collects ~100M data points/day
...and a team that…
- ~10 deployments/day
- 40+ merged pull requests/day
- 20k lines of change/week
- Lots of open source projects - and
- Get invited to talk at great events (PyCon, Europython, PyData etc)
- feature toggling and A/B testing
- Twice monthly internal engineering meet up events
- Paid attendance at conferences
- A clothing allowance
- Internal training opportunities (want to learn Python, or improve your presentation skills?)
- Desk beer Fridays
- A well stocked kitchen and fridge
- Things that keep you happy and healthy: Yoga in the office regularly, football teams, netball teams, board game nights and burger eating clubs.
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Information Technology
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job