Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Loudwater Buckinghamshire
- Date: 1 week ago
Planet Forward have been engaged by a leading Aerospace and Defence company to support them in their recruitment for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for their Loudwater site on a Permanent basis.
My client is currently seeking to recruit audacious and highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire their up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
* be part of an agile organisation, with the ability to make a real difference
* have the opportunity to be involved in multiple domains and projects, throughout the engineering lifecycle
* work in a dynamic environment, with the ability to make significant personal impact
* have exposure to all functional and business areas, with opportunities to broaden your knowledge
* be in an environment where talent is recognised and promoted, independent of experience
* have the opportunity to work on exciting new product developments
* work for the dominant provider of UK surface ship Anti-Submarine Warfare solutions, with many related export opportunities
* solutions are also part of their offering, including contractor logistics support, waterfront support, spares and inventory management, technology refresh of own and third party systems.
Purpose of Role:
To support the Functional Team Lead – Mechanical Engineering by providing mechanical design expertise, allowing UECSS to deliver detailed mechanical design solutions to their customers in the underwater warfare business area. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer duties will also include Drawing Office activities, such as the production of detailed drawings, FEA and Test Reports for new products, or enhancements to existing products. All duties will be performed to the agreed technical requirements, timescales and budget. Typical systems that would be worked on include, but are not limited to: EO (Electro-Optical) Heads, Ruggedised Cameras, PDM (Platform Data Management) Systems and SWIM (Submarine Weapon Interface Management) Systems.
Key Responsibilities: The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be accountable for:
* Production of project drawing packs in line with configuration management processes.
* Producing and reviewing Mechanical Designs and Drawings.
* Maintaining the configuration of UECSSs production drawing packs.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
* Providing a technical lead role on selected projects.
* Providing support for stress and thermal analysis activities.
* Employing continuous improvement principles to improve efficiency.
* Supporting the Project SDA as required.
* Liaising with customers and suppliers as required.
* Collaboration with the other Engineering functions to ensure smooth engineering transition within projects.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Autodesk Inventor (or equivalent 3D CAD tool)
* Autodesk AutoCAD
* Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, & Outlook)
* Microsoft Outlook
* +5 years’ experience using 3D CAD modelling tool(s) including 2D technical drawings.
* Windchill PDMLink Creo 2.0 or above Finite Element Analysis Tools (Nastran, Ansys)
* Self-motivated. Ability to work with minimum supervision. Positive/can do attitude. Inventive, lateral thinker. Good verbal/communication/influencing skills. Good interpersonal skills.
* The ability to provide sound and innovative solutions to mechanical problems.
* To work with other parts of the organisation from project engineering to production to achieve program objectives.
* Flexible in approach to working hours and patterns.
* Full driving license.
* Capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC).
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the website
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. What Jobs? is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job