Senior Mechanical Engineer
Stopford have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the team, at our Head office in Ellesmere Port with occasional travel to our subsidiary offices in Lancaster and Alderley Park (Macclesfield). You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a competitive salary. This is a fantastic opportunity to join us as a Senior Mechanical Engineer and work with highly skilled professionals who are constantly striving to deliver excellence and best practice.
Stopford is an international energy and environmental engineering company, our professional services span Consultancy, Technology & Innovation, and Project Management. We are an industry leader with a portfolio spanning research and development through to design and commissioning of process technology.
With a worldwide clientele in emerging and existing industries, we provide expert consulting to our partners, supporting them in their drive toward a sustainable low carbon economy.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- On-site parking
Key responsibilities of our Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- To have the experience and ability to represent the Company to Clients in a manner that assures the Client of our ability to provide whatever service is required
- To work within a multi-disciplined project team
- To carry out preliminary mechanical engineering calculations, write specifications and scope of work documentation such that vendors can provide initial quotation and that an EPC can take on the detailed design phase
- Establish the appropriate standards to meet specific process system conditions
- Liaise with vendors regarding the specification and procurement of all aspects of the supply of mechanical equipment
- Carry out bid analysis for the procurement of items, including pre-delivery inspections and factory acceptance testing/examination
- Work with the Piping team regarding interpretation and development of scope of works, specifications, layout, design reviews, including the identification of equipment loadings, any specific holding down requirements and any features which may impact structural/civil design
- Identify any specific elements of construction that require special consideration, and conduct regular Client/site visits to check progress, inspect quality and assure compliance with design throughout projects
- Interpret requirements of other engineering disciplines and provide relevant information to ensure compliance with CDM principal designers duties
- Provide mechanical engineering guidance to other departments and support the training and development of new engineers
- Proactively engage with clients, developing and maintaining strong, positive business relationships, understand their needs and recognise opportunities
Our Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in mechanical engineering within a project environment
- Experience working across the full project lifecycle
- Experience of specifying mechanical equipment, specifically within the waste to energy or plastics to fuel industry
- Basic knowledge of CAD. Ideally with Plant3D
- Ability to influence and lead in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Strong leadership skills and desire to take on additional responsibility in the future
- Strong communicator with an ability to tailor content and style of communications in the most demanding and ambiguous situations
- Solid technical skills recognising the possibility of utilising currently available software to aid design where available. Able to use PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience within the waste-to-energy, oil & gas, petrochemical, and aviation fuel storage sectors would be preferable
With support, variety and opportunities, Stopford Energy and Environment is the ideal place to build your skills and career.
If you would like to join our team as our Senior Mechanical Engineer, then why not click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
Please note we do not accept applications from agencies, and you must be eligible to live and work in the UK
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job