Senior Software Engineer, Nuke
- Company: foundry
- Category: Information Technology
- Date: 1 month ago
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our industry-leading NUKE® range offers cutting-edge toolkits covering node-based compositing, editorial and finishing across solutions that deliver unparalleled speed, functionality and collaboration possibilities.
Whether you're a single shot compositor or working across projects end to end, you can find all the tools you need to get the job done fast, without quality compromise, in NUKE STUDIO®, NUKEX®, or NUKE.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the existing team. In a nutshell, we’re looking for a C++ application developer with an experience of software development and some knowledge of software engineering best practice. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help to ensure the quality, scalability, and extensibility of the code that we’re writing.
Reporting to the Project Lead Engineer, your daily work will involve the design, implementation, documentation and testing of C++ and/or Python code, liaising with other engineers in the team, the Product Manager and Project Manager as necessary to ensure that the code meets the requirements of the customer and is delivered in a timely fashion.
It will be amongst your responsibilities to understand the business and wider industry. You will be encouraged to play an active role in communicating with and visiting customers, understanding and sharing requirements and proposed solutions. When appropriate you may be required to represent and support the company and the product at external events.
- Understand and practice our development process within the team.
- Assist in the design, implementation and documentation of complex software features
- Provide code reviews as and when needed.
- You will contribute to project planning by providing effort estimates for tasks assigned to you by the Lead Engineer.
- You will be expected to document your work clearly and concisely in the source code.
- You will be expected to pro-actively contribute to software quality and stability by fixing bugs and implementing minor features.
- You will be expected to assist our Customer Support team with investigation and suggestions related to issues reported by users.
- Good communication skills, well organised good time management.
- 5+ years experience of commercial software development to deadlines.
- Excellent C++ knowledge.
- Good track record of problem-solving.
- Successful experience of working in a development team.
- Experience of cross-OS development including, Windows, Linux, and OSX.
- Knowledge of post-production and compositing an advantage.
- Experience in Machine Learning or Colour Science advantageous.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Health cash plan & medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Company’s social events
- Beer O’Clock Fridays
- Gym Discounts
- Learning & development plans
- Foundry’s discount & saving scheme
Foundry develops creative software for the digital design, media and entertainment industries. With a 20-year heritage and a portfolio of award-winning products, Foundry advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders around the globe.
Clients and partners include major feature film studios and post-production houses such as Pixar, ILM, MPC, Walt Disney Animation, Weta Digital, DNEG, and Framestore as well as automotive, footwear, apparel and technology companies such as Mercedes, New Balance, Adidas and Google. Foundry partners with these companies to solve complex visualization challenges to turn incredible ideas into reality.
The company’s products are used to create breathtaking visual effects sequences on a wide range of feature films, video-on-demand, television and commercials. Foundry software was integral in the making of every VFX Oscar-winning film, award-winning TV shows and commercials for more than a decade.
Founded in 1996, Foundry is headquartered in London, with 300 staff and a presence in the US, China, Japan, Australia and Europe. In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of the “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies.
For more information visit
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job