Site Construction Manager - Structures (Senior)
Full Description: Site Construction Manager
£30,000 - £43,000 + Package
Our client is an established, successful civil engineering contractor operating within the railway engineering discipline. They have a wide range of projects of which includes but not limited to; embankment stabilisation, earthworks & bridge and footbridge replacements
Or client are looking for an experienced individual who will manage rail structures & property schemes such as; refurbishment,
reconstruction, new construction works, station building and platforms renewals, culvert and drainage renewal, masonry repairs and strengthening, surface preparation and painting.
You will be a competent Civil Engineering professional with at least 10 years' experience of Civil Engineering construction project work, being responsible for quality & compliance of works on multiple sites during construction process.
Your experience will require you to prepare and implement site specific management plans with an emphasis on the importance of health & safety at all times.
A strong background in bridge repairs, structures & buildings will be essential to becoming successful in this role. As well as, strong people management skills which will enable you to provide guidance and practical advice to site personnel for the competent execution of the contract works.
* Manage Network Rail and rail related contracts to requisite performance criteria.
* Be responsible for quality & compliance of works on multiple sites during construction process.
* Promote and implement site specific management plans (CPP, WPP, TBS etc) to ensure site activities comply with Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies.
* Provide guidance and practical advice to site personnel for the competent execution of the contract works.
* Liaise with the Project/Contracts Manager at all stages of the contract works
* Ensure completion of weekly reports and weekly returns by site teams. Identify progress of works against programme. Liaise with Project Management team and Commercial teams to manage change to planned works as and when situations arise.
* Liaise with Client and relevant stakeholder personnel as required.
* Maintain and develop client relationships on the basis of mutual trust and high standards of contract performance.
* Organise & motivate all site operatives & sub-contractors
* Ensure effective deployment of personnel, plant and equipment to achieve the allocated site activities within the allowed programme period.
* Record any changes to methods of work or site conditions
* Have full understanding of work objectives, programmes & project details to ensure the contract is carried out correctly within specification & timescales
* Liaise with clients/visitors to site in a professional manner
* Liaise with Site Manager / Project Manager/Site Engineer in the event that the allocated site activities cannot be achieved as envisaged or have changed from the conditions assumed.
* Manage possession staff requirement from within our clients own labour resource, alternatively our source where required including safety critical staff.
* Ensure that post works Health and Safety files are produced is to the standard Company/Client expects to ensure timely close out of projects.
* Manage time between office and site-based duties as appropriate to ensure effective discharge of duties.
• Civil Engineering construction project work (at least 10 years)
• Supervisory management of multiple work Sites at Senior level (at least 5 years)
• Working within a Railway Environment - Essential
• Civils background - Essential
• Structures experience - Highly Desirable
• Understanding of Programmes - Essential
• Understanding in application of Network Rail and Industry standards - Essential
• Bridges Knowledge - Essential
• Masonry repairs and strengthening
• Culverts & Drainage
• Civil Engineering qualifications (BEng or HND) - Desirable
• First Aid Qualification
- Ad Posted: 04/Jun/20:
- Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom:
- Salary (approx): £30000 - £43000/annum:
- Job Type: Permanent:
- Experience: Senior:
- Languages Required: English:
- Reference: 896664044:
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job