Site HR Business Partner
- Company: DS SMITH PACKAGING LIMITED
- Date: 4 weeks ago
Our story began in the 1940's when the Smith Family started their box making business in East London. Since then, our reputation has grown for quality engineering and dedication to our customers.
As a leading supplier of corrugated packaging and a FTSE 100 business, we operate across 37 countries and employ around 32,000 people. We believe in empowering our people; driving a culture of engagement and continuous improvement to deliver results. So, when you join us, you'll not be surprised to be given the opportunity to create, learn and innovate.
Our vision is very clear - to become the leading supplier of sustainable packaging solutions.
At DS Smith we're passionate about driving a sustainable packaging agenda and growing businesses in partnership with our customers and to do this effectively we need to have the best people in our teams.
We're looking for a strong HR generalist to join us as a Site HRBP, working closely with the Sector HRBP to deliver the HR operational plan by driving the HR agenda and providing comprehensive support and guidance to line managers.
You'll partner with the business on several key focus areas, including Engagement, Reporting, HRIS, Recruitment & Selection, Performance & Talent Management and Employee Relations. You'll need to be pro-active in resolving challenging situations, continually driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, policies and employment legislation.
Key accountabilities include:
- Developing effective working relationships with sites MD's/GM's and senior leadership teams to enable a first class HR service to be delivered on site
- Driving and delivering HR excellence using various tools including HR dashboard and Key Performance Indicators
- Developing and implementing people plans in line with business needs
- Providing HR guidance, support and expertise to all sites for all HR activity
- Supporting line managers with disciplinaries, grievances, absence management & performance management and ensure all cases are completed within reasonable timeframes and legal frameworks
- Coordinating the payroll process with Finance and Shared Services teams
- Completion of general HR documentation liaising with the Shared Services teams
- Updating and maintaining employee information on HRIS
- Supporting Line Managers and Sector HRBP with ER issues to resolve all matters within the legal frameworks
Our ideal candidate will be a HR professional with experience of working within a HR function in an operational environment and possibly working in a remote HR Team. You'll need up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of HR practice, concepts and themes including employment law and employee relations issues.
You should be resilient, organised and analytical with a positive and confident approach to problem solving. Fantastic communication skills are essential and you should have the ability to quickly establish and maintain strong relationships across all levels as you'll be continually coaching managers. You'll need to consistently consider continuous improvement and new ways of working whilst engaging with your stakeholders.
Experience of working within a complex matrix organisation and TUPE would be very useful.
You should be happy to muck in and take a hands-on approach to some operational and transactional tasks as well as leading on strategic level people plans.
This role is based at our Aylesford site with some travel to London and Sheerness.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job