Social Work Assistant
Social Work Assistant – Cedar House
Cedar House is a 40 bed hospital for adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, personality disorders, autism and challenging behaviours, who are detained under the Mental Health Act. Cedar House enjoys a beautiful rural location situated in the village of Barham, on the outskirts of Canterbury and is easily accessible by public transport, being on the main bus route between Canterbury and Folkestone.
We are seeking a Social Work Assistant to be responsible for the delivery of social work services, ensuring that the needs of individual patients are met. You will support in the development of aftercare placements and will provide parents, carers and service agencies with information regarding these placements.
• Possess experience working within an administration function.
• Able to work well in a team, on own initiative and follow instructions.
• Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines within a pressurised environment.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Good working knowledge of IT systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet.
• Possess self-motivation, drive and excellent inter-personal skills.
• Possess and present a friendly and positive attitude.
• Full time 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
• 2 week’s paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave allowance
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest.
About The Company
Huntercombe Group are one the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England and Scotland, delivering wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adult mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Our aspiration is to nurture the world, one person at a time and that’s why everything we do is designed to provide the best care and recovery for our patients and residents
We’re proud to have recruited some of the most experienced doctors, nurses and therapists in their fields and alongside our supportive stable Management structure we hope that it’s you that can help make a difference to our excellent teams and workforce
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job