Software Engineer, Sync Gateway (Contractor)
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry. Couchbase is looking for a Software Engineer (Contractor) to join our Sync Gateway team. Sync Gateway is a data synchronization server that enables Couchbase Server to act as a replication endpoint for our mobile database Couchbase Lite. Sync Gateway maintains up-to-date copies of documents where users need them additionally providing access control and security. As a part of our core development team, you will:
- Work on the design and implementation of the next generation of features.
- Engage in day to day duties including programming, feature design, bug fixing and code reviews.
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
- Liaise directly with the Technical Support team to help debug and resolve high priority customer issues.
- Be challenged to improve the tools and processes we use every day.
- Help create user-focused documentation for the features you create.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Work with senior members of the engineering team and product management on new features.
- Help contribute to open source, joining your fellow Couchbasers and developers worldwide.
- MS Computer Science or commensurate experience
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges.
- You have excellent analytical skills and a passion for pinning down technical issues and solving problems.
- You’re a good communicator and an excellent teammate.
- You like working in organizations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly.
- Experienced in concurrency / multi-threaded programming
- Demonstrated experience being involved in a complex project/feature from design through implementation through delivery
- Able to demonstrate experience in large scale, distributed systems and understand the techniques involved in making these systems scale and perform
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Excellent architecture and design skills
- Familiarity with distributed networked server systems that run cross-platform
- Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, CVS)
- Experience with the GO programming language is beneficial but not essential
- Familiarity with REST interfaces a plus
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job