Tendering and Applications Engineer
Job Title: Tending & Applications Engineer
Business Area: Lucy Electric - Sales
To support the Sales Team in driving profitable business.
This role will be Thame Office based.
As a member of the Sales and Tendering Team you will be on the ‘front line,’ and often the first point of contact our customers have with our business. Fully supported by other departments, you will take ownership of ensuring our customers receive best in class customer service, responding to their inquiry, tender or request for information with enthusiasm and professionalism.
Based primarily in the Sales Office in Thame, the role may occasionally involve travel to other Lucy Offices in the UK. This will also involve the direct support for the sales team, assisting them with their external activities.
1. Support the Senior Sales and Tendering Engineer with the sales and tendering process by assisting with tender preparation, administration, contract handover, customer call handling and sales generation.
2. Support the external sales/export engineers, gather their data and help with the return actions.
3. Communicate customer requirements internally.
4. Manage Customer order handover to Customer Services/ Contract Management team.
5. Follow-up open tenders to assist sales managers.
6. Support for UK and Export Agents and Distributors.
7. Support L1 (L1 – “standard product enquiries”) Technical Queries received by either phone or email.
8. Assist Group Treasury with Bid / Tender Bond Management
9. To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the company.
10. Comply with all company policies and procedures and maintain confidentiality of information relating to the company’s business and staff.
The position is responsible for:
1. Receiving customer enquiries via email, telephone and web based portals
2. Reviewing specification documents including technical drawings and schematics, understand the customer requirements, clarifying where necessary, and matching the application with the most suitable product offering.
3. Championing the customer enquiry internally, coordinating, and driving the input from other departments including, but not limited to, Operations, Technical, Marketing, Quality, Logistics, Finance, Customer Services, Legal.
4. Completion of Customer Pre-qualification questionnaires
5. Authoring of Customer quotations from a data base of pre-configured products
6. Authoring of Customer tenders with bespoke solutions
7. Maintenance of Tender Procedures and documentation eg. Tender templates/descriptions.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- GCSE in Maths and English / A levels
- Degree/HND/GNVQ qualification would be an advantage
- Experience in administering of a CRM application
- Experience of project management techniques and tools would be useful
- Experience of tendering engineered equipment worldwide including working from engineering drawings and/or electrical schematics would be an advantage
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience of Teamcenter/CAD applications
* Experience of project management tools/practices
Job Specific Skills:
- Sound understanding of contractual and INCO terms and conditions
- Understanding and application of commercial terminology e.g. margins & factors
- Understanding of common commercial legal terms e.g. liquidated damages & consequential loss
- Competent in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job