Underwriter, Commercial Property - International
Functional Area:UW - UnderwritingEstimated Travel Percentage (%): No TravelRelocation Provided: NoAIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
Your future team
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and
individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance
solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a
range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic
events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your Contribution to AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG’s business.
You will contribute to the growth and profitability of the UK International team by handling new and renewal accounts to achieve targets set by management. You will ensure exceptional customer service to both internal and external parties and consistently meet service levels and performance targets in terms of volume, accuracy and quality
We are pleased to be recruiting for an Underwriter to join our high-performing international team, based in London. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a growth area of the business as we expand our international proposition.
- Contribute to the strategic development of our International portfolio; build visibility with brokers and clients; drive the client service process.
- Work cross functionally with other areas in AIG to achieve corporate objectives.
- Work within agreed decision making standards, limitations, authorities and underwriting guidelines.
- Achieve satisfactory ratings on all underwriting quality reviews.
- Ensure all corporate service standards are maintained to both brokers & internal colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise workload and to use own initiative for both internal and external issues.
- Maintain and develop strong broker and client relationships.
- Support the culture of continuous improvement in all areas including improving processes to make the business more efficient and creating an environment where people are encouraged to take initiative and responsibility.
- Education preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. ACII is an advantage.
- 4 years plus property underwriting experience and strong technical insurance knowledge, with particular focus on the international market. Terrorism underwriting experience is an advantage.
- Multinational experience and knowledge of local markets/regulations advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships with brokers and clients.
- Good organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise workload.
- Highly numerate.
- Competent in IT packages.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.Full time
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job